A user creates a workflow by adding modules. Input Sources, Convert, and Output modules are automatically added to the workflow.
In addition to the default modules that are added when you create a workflow, you can also add the Collect, Fiery Preflight, Image Enhance, Impose, Approve, Correct, Connect, and Preflight modules. For information, see About modules.
- Click the plus sign next to the Workflows header in the Workflows tab.
- Type a name for your workflow.
- Click Create.
- Click the Edit button for
Input Sources and select from the list of locations.
The locations where your workflow is saved are displayed.The following are applicable:
- You can add up to a maximum of five input sources.
- After the Input Sources module, you can add either the Connect module, the Convert module, or both, depending on the requirements of the job.
- After the Input Sources module, you can add multiple instances of the Connect module with different settings and parameters, depending on the requirements of the job.
- Add the Connect module to convert native jobs to a format that Fiery JobFlow supports using a third-party solution. Specify script or hot folder parameters.
- Add the Convert module if the job needs to be converted to a PDF. If the Convert module is added, you can add any of the other modules as all the other modules are PDF-dependent. If the job is non-PDF dependent, you have the option to delete the Convert module, bypass other modules that are PDF-dependent, and directly output the job to a specified output location.
- Click the plus sign below the Convert module to add the Collect, Fiery Preflight, Image Enhance, Impose, Approve, Correct, Connect, or Preflight modules.
- Specify the settings for each module and click Add to add the module to the workflow.
- In the Output pane,
select from a Fiery server, Fiery XF, Fiery Central printer group, Dropbox account, SMB, or (s)FTP location.
If you selected a Fiery server, select a preset and then click Save.
When creating or updating workflows, you have the option to:
- Add rules to each module to trigger a certain action based on the job status (passed or failed). The available rules are Archive job, Send email, Move job, Copy job, and Run script. To set a rule, click Add, define trigger (If) and action (Then), and click Save.
- Search for a particular function, module, or setting. You can type the search criteria or
keyword in the Search box. To save the search, click Save.The search results display all modules with settings that match the search criteria. For example, if you type "bleed" in the Search box, the search results display all modules with settings related to the keyword "bleed".Note: Users can view only their own saved search criteria.
- Use the drag-and-drop operation to submit a single job, multiple files, or an archive (a .zip file) from your computer desktop onto the workflow.
- Delete a workflow, even if there are associated jobs present in the workflow.