Nest all jobs
You can configure a workflow to create a nesting automatically when a specified criterion has been met. When one nesting has been created, all subsequent jobs become part of the next nesting.
When sufficient jobs have been loaded to fill a certain percentage of the sheet or line.Note:
You can define a custom media format that is smaller than the media format inserted in the printer. This can be useful if you are printing on roll media and want to create a nesting when a certain percentage of the sheet is full. For more information, see the Quick Start Guide.
When a specified period of time has elapsed since the last job was loaded.
- In Server Manager: On the sidebar, click Printers, and select a printer. In the printer's tree view, select a workflow. On the Layout tab, expand the Nesting panel. In the panel header bar, select the check box to activate the settings.
- Define the criterion for creating a nesting.
Command WorkStation always creates and processes the nesting after a specified time period has elapsed, even if the minimum percentage of sheet or line cannot be filled.
- Under Optimization and Orientation, define how jobs
are arranged on the sheet.
You can arrange nested jobs to take up as little space as possible on the sheet, or you can arrange them so that, after printing, they can be cut out using as few straight horizontal or vertical cuts as possible.
You can further reduce media wastage by allowing jobs to be rotated to make better use of the available space on the sheet. Alternatively, you can nest all jobs in their original orientation, or apply portrait or landscape format to all.
- Under Uniform scaling, select the check box, and then type a width and height to scale all pages to the same size (optional).
- Under Spacing, type a horizontal and vertical distance between pages (optional). This setting takes job labels into account.
- Under Space around jobs (picture mount), type a border width for each edge (optional). This setting takes non-printable margins into account.