Achieve color consistency at remote sites
You can print a job from a remote container, and verify the color accuracy of the printout on the connected printer. To produce color-accurate copies of a job at a remote site, you must configure Command WorkStation to use the measurement data and color management settings from the remote container.
Make sure that you select a control bar that is compatible with your measuring device.
Connect your measuring device to the computer.
You can achieve the most accurate results if you use the same printer model and media that were used to create the original. You can enhance color accuracy still further if both printers are optimally calibrated.
Command WorkStation provides a workflow template “Remote_In” that is already configured with the basic settings to process a remote container.
If you prefer to configure a custom workflow, make sure that you make the following settings.
- In Server Manager: On the sidebar, click Printers, and select a printer. In the printer's tree view, select a workflow. On the File tab, expand the Job Detection panel.
- Under Remote job
import, select Remote job.
This setting ensures that the original color management settings, including the simulation (reference) profile, are automatically selected when you load the job.
- On the Verify tab, expand the Verify Control Bar 1 panel. In the panel header bar, select the check box to activate the settings.
- Under Characterization data, select Open Measurement
This setting ensures that the color values from the remote container are used as the reference. If the remote container was created without measurement data, the simulation (reference) file is used instead.
Under Target tolerance preset, define the acceptable
deviation for color accuracy.
The targeted tolerance defines the highest acceptable error margin when verifying the color accuracy of a printout against a reference.
- In Command WorkStation: Import the remote container, and print the job.
After printing, the job is automatically submitted to Verifier.
- In Job Center: Select the job. In the toolbar, click Verifier.
- In Verifier, do the
- On the Job List/Preview tab: Double-click the job file to display the L*a*b* values from the measurement file.
- Measure the printed control bar.
- Send the results back to Command WorkStation.