Import or export profiles
Profile Manager in Command WorkStation allows you to import profiles to the Fiery Server to make the profiles available for printing jobs on the Fiery Server. Use the export function to back up profiles, so that no custom profiles are lost, for example, when the Fiery Server software is updated.
You can also export a profile to your computer to use it with an ICC-aware application, such as Adobe Photoshop.
You can import a source profile (RGB or CMYK), an output profile, or a device link profile to the Fiery Server.
- In Device Center, click the Resources tab, click Profiles and then click Import.
- Select a folder in the Location list.
Manage Custom Locations - Allows you to add or delete folders designated as custom locations. Custom locations are displayed in the Location list.
All - Selects all folders in the Location list.
OS-installed folders are defined as follows.
Folder Name Displayed
Path to Folder
All other paths used by Windows to install profiles
Mac OS X
All other paths used by Mac OS to install profiles
- Select a profile.
- For a CMYK profile, select a setting for Import profile as.
CMYK Source and Simulation - To use the profile as a CMYK source profile. Select if you want the Fiery Server to simulate another printer or press standard.
Output - To use the profile as an output profile. Select for a custom profile of your copier/printer.
- Click Import.
- If the Profile Settings dialog box is displayed, select settings for this profile and click OK. You set the profile settings when the imported profile is a new profile (not a replacement of a profile already on the Fiery Server).
You can export a profile from the Fiery Server as a backup measure or to use the profile with an ICC-aware application such as Adobe Photoshop.
- In Device Center, click the Resources tab, and then click Profiles.
- Select the profile and click Export.
- Browse to the desired location on your computer and click Choose (Mac OS) or OK (Windows) to save the profile.