You can define the number of tiles or specify a tile size. You can also print tile-specific information with each tile.
Most tilings are job-specific. For this reason, you will usually create your tilings in Job Editor. However, you can also configure a tiling workflow in Server Manager and apply it to all imported jobs.
Do one of the following:
- In Server Manager: On the sidebar, click Printers, and select a printer. In the printer's tree view, select a workflow. On the Layout tab, expand the Tiling panel. In the panel header bar, select the check box to activate the settings.
- In Job Editor: On the Layout tab, expand the Tiling panel. In the panel header bar, select the check box to activate the settings.
- Select a tiling type.
The standard tile size is equal to the media size that is selected for the printer. Alternatively, you can set up a custom tile size by typing in tile dimensions, or by defining the number of vertical and horizontal tiles to place on the page.Note: You can resize individual tiles later.
- Set up a tile label (optional).
You can print tiles with an extra margin that contains tile-specific information, such as the tile number, or custom text. Tile numbers help you to join the tiles together in the right order. The tile label is not visible in the preview.
- Click Save.
Multiple settings are available for customizing tiles:
- You can resize tiles (see Resize tiles).
- You can lock tile edges in a fixed position (see Lock tile edges in a fixed position).
- You can merge or split tiles (see Merge or split tiles).
- You can rotate tiles (see Rotate tiles in a tiling job and Make last-minute edits to individual tiles).
Additional settings are also available to help you join tiles together after printing: